Tuesday, November 2, 2010

{One of those moments}

Do you ever have one of those moments where you just know...where there is nothing else in the world you would rather be doing? As silly as it sounds, last night was one of those moments for me. I made spaghetti after a very long, tiring day. I could think of nothing other than my girls being in bed, and me doing the same. Mind you, it wasn't even 5 o'clock yet. My patience was running low, and so were the girls. So, dinner is ready and we sit at the table to eat. Lexi decides to dump her spaghetti on her head. Then Emma started acting really silly, giggling hysterically. At me. Because I really thought I was going to lose it. But then it hit me...these are the moments that count. Being silly, and acting crazy. So I gave in. Emma and Lexi ate spaghetti with their hands as watched, and wondered; how on earth did I wind up with two amazing, beautiful souls? Children are just amazing. As the days go by, I can't help but thinking that Emma and Lexi are teaching me more than I could ever dream of teaching them. I love it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

 


mmmm...she liked the spaghetti! 





Last weekend I was so busy with shoots, which I love. Keep it comin' people :)

The first was the wedding of a friends parents. They were married in St.Joseph, MI. What a beautiful little town. I had never been before then, and I couldn't get over it! They were married outside at their favorite restuarant. It's called Tosi's and it is an amazing place! Other than being beautiful, all of the staff is extremely nice and helpful. I was hoping for a few sunset shots, but the weather didn't cooperate much longer after the ceremony. Here is a few sneak peeks of the happy couple, and one cute little boy :) Thank you for choosing me to photograph such a fun, special day!
how cute is he? I got a ton of beautiful shots of this handsome little guy!





My last shoot for the weekend was for a very, very dear friend of mine. She has two children that are the same age as Emma and Lexi, so we had a little play date before our shoot. Her daughter was amazing for me in front of the camera. There wasn't anything that she wouldn't do, and she was having fun being my little model. Her brother is a little charmer as well. He was a sweetheart, but by the end of the shoot he was over it. I mean, what 1 year old wouldn't be, right? I'm lucky if I get Lexi to sit still for a second!!

During our shoot it started raining out of literally now where, so I had to run for cover a few times to ensure that my 3rd baby didn't get a splash of water on it. lol. In case you didn't get it, I refer to my camera as my third baby regularly ;)

Now...onto to all this cuteness. Phew, where do I begin?





 precious...I can't wait to do more shoots with these adorable kids!! Love ya Michelle :)

 oh yea...it was Halloween this weekend!! My girls were Dorothy and To To from The Wizard of Oz. I thought they looked incredibly cute, but I guess I am a little biased.

this is one is out of focus, and technically not the best photo. But it was all To-To would let me get ;) 



see...they are pretty cute, huh?

Ok readers, I am going to do a giveaway. All you have to do is leave me a comment, and become a fan of Melissa LaRue Photography on facebook. The winner will be selected by random.org on Friday, and will recieve a free session {$175 value} with me. You must be available to book your session before December 1st! So...go ahead and leave me some love to get your chance!

7 comments:

HereWeGo217 said...

I've already been keeping up with your blog, BEFORE the contest ;) Small world by the way, I apparently work with one of your relatives, Dawna. We worked together a few years back at my previous job as well, ironic.

Lydia said...

I love your pictures and loved this post!! So true that the silly, giggly, messy moments are the ones that really count - and the ones we'll look back on.

K said...

well, we aren't available before Dec 1st... I WISH! BUT i'll leave a comment anyway and say that you do a fantastic job and the Dorothy/Toto costumes are a GREAT idea! how cute :)

Heather said...

Always beautiful.... :)

Unknown said...

Like always I love all of your pictures...I can not wait for us to find out a time for you to take Ayrton's pictures!!!

Rachel said...

Very cute costumes! You're such a good mom :) Keep blogging I love reading!

Anonymous said...

I am already a fan on FB, but I thought I would check out the latest post. Very cute and VERY true! I LOVE the Halloween costumes!! What a great idea! :)

Post a Comment

 
© Melissa LaRue Photography
CoffeeShop Designs