Sunday, November 7, 2010

{Sunday Morning}

I have never been one for routines. By that I mean I don't thrive on being on a set schedule every day, every minute. Some people do, and I kind of admire that kind of quality in a person. But I am not that person.

When I had my first child, all that changed. The first piece of advice my mother gave me was that children thrive on consistency and routine. If they know what to expect, they will be happier, and more content day-to-day, which in turn will create a well behaved child. She couldn't have been more right. From the day Emma was born, she has had basically the same routine everyday. While it has changed here and there, we do the same things pretty much daily.

The only day that we sway from our usual routine in Sunday. Ahh...Sunday. I reserve most Sundays for PJ's all day, yummy snacks, lots of stories, leaving messes, arts & crafts...you get the idea. One of my favorite memories of growing up will always be Sundays. We sometimes went to church, and would come home and have a lunch. Sandwiches and chips, usually. Then we would all sit in the living and watch football, or movies. My mom and I were usually engrossed in a book, but we were together. And being together is all that really matters, right?

Onto Sundays...

warm, rich coffee in my favorite cup...


reading the Sunday paper while my girls scribble away, using their imagination to create amazingly unique pictures...



clipping coupons, planning next weeks dinners...


babies who are in the mood for some mommy lovin'


little girls with messy, i don't have to school today hair...


big eyed girls...


little girls that are growing up way too fast. Too too fast...


Have I mentioned how much I love Sundays? I do. I really really do :)


Now I am off to bed to read and drink some scrumptious hot tea. Goodnight all!



"Being happy doesn’t mean things are perfect, it just means you’ve decided to look past the imperfections." -unknown

1 comments:

Heidi Stone said...

Sundays are DEFINITELY my favorite day of the week.

After hanging with friends at church, we come home and relax the rest of the day. Watch football or movies, just be together as a family. I used to work on Sunday evenings but I've dropped them from my schedule as I prefer to spend the day with friends and family. :)

Post a Comment

 
© Melissa LaRue Photography
CoffeeShop Designs