Thursday, September 16, 2010

{Snail Mail}

Every morning at 11 am, I check the mail.

Every morning Emma asks me if she got any mail. She absolutely loves getting snail mail. My mom got her a subscription to Highlights, and she patiently waits every month for another issue. I love that she knows what mail is. In a world so full of technology, it’s nice to get a letter or post card via snail mail. There is something about taking the time to hand write a letter with a crisp piece of paper and a nice pen. Anyway, today Emma did get something! I have to brag a little bit…this girl is smart. She is barely 4, and she can recognize her name, and write and spell it. Sweet, right? So she got a letter today from Haab’s, a local restaurant we go eat sometimes. She entered a coloring page in a contest and SHE WON!! Ok, so every kid probably wins, but Emma doesn’t know that. SHE.WAS.THRILLED.

Her excitement:
blogg


I’ve said it before, and I will say it again. I LOVE fall. With every part of me. I even love the rainy days like today. The air just seems to smell a little crisper, and a little cleaner than the hot, humid weather summer brings. I am planning lots of fall activities for us. I can’t wait to take the girls to the apple orchard, and pick apples, eat donuts, and drink warm apple cider. My mouth is literally drooling just thinking about it. I remember picking out our own pumpkins when I was a kid. I have an old photo of my brother, sister, and I at an apple orchard. I may have been about 5 or 6. We were complete in our early 90's attire picking apples. Good memories :)

We don’t usually do dessert around here. Mainly because, if I do bake, it came out of a box. and we all know that's nothing like the real thing. I can make some pretty fabulous lasagna from scratch though! Tonight was an exception. We picked up some caramel apples at the grocery store, and tonight after cheese tortellini, we ate caramel apples like there was no tomorrow.
apple

On to my latest session. These kids were great and full of life. I photographed them in Depot town, which has to be my favorite place to shoot. It’s got so many options and great backgrounds and lighting.

her eyes remind me of the ocean...
12

i love love using this faygo crate. it gives photos a nice vintage feel.
21

see what I mean about the great backgrounds?
7

adorable.
22

Thank you, Hollie for choosing me as your photographer!

{on a totally random note, my friend Kayleigh got me a bag of Dove chocolates for my birthday. I am lovin' the dove life lessons that came along with it!}
DSC_4201 copy 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Melissa LaRue Photography
CoffeeShop Designs