Monday, September 13, 2010

breakfast for dinner


After not getting much sleep last night, I woke up to find I had forgot to set my automatic timer on the coffee. Or even make it. So I made the coffee, while waiting I checked my email…waiting for the delicious smell of my morning drug to wake me up….after a few minutes I realized... Crap- I forgot to plug the coffee maker in. So, starting out my morning without coffee asap was surely going to set the precedent to an awful Monday. Luckily,  it didn’t start off so bad. I had to baby my oldest baby a little, she seems to be coming down with some kind of cold that makes her say, “ mommmmmy…my throat feels itchy. Mommmmy….my eyes are itchy. Mommmmy….can I go outside?” She feels sick enough to not pick up her toys (but can run outside for hours), but man…I would KILL for just an ounce of the energy she has, even on a ‘sick’ day. They are so amazing and wonderful. Kids, that is. I always thought I would be a ‘working’ mom, but I love being able to stay at home with my loves. It’s not that it isn’t work, because it is. It’s the best kind of work there is :)
I had a wedding reception to shoot this weekend, and it rained. A LOT. The couple got married a few weeks ago at the courthouse, and I photographed that as well. They are family of a really good friend of mine, Laura. it was a pleasant…and so many fun people at the reception! The bride, Tammy’s, dad was hilarious on the dance floor. I have never seen anyone dance the way he did, very entertaining ;) Congrats again Tammy and Rob!
 the dude could dance. seriously.


I couldn’t let today go without recognizing that is has been 2 months since my Grandma has passed away. It hits me in the oddest moments.  I think of her a lot when I cook dinner, she was always so curious to know what we had to eat. I usually would talk to her in the morning, or at night after the girls went to bed. The conversation was always normal chit chat, but it meant so much to me. And I know it meant a lot to her. She was never around my girls day to day, but she felt like she was a part of our life in some way. I miss her. People say time will make it better, but I am just missing her more every day.  
I can feel the end of the day coming, the girls are tired and so am I. They are getting clingy, and I am yearning for peace and quiet. I suppose I should start dinner, even though we had a late lunch. I’m thinking…breakfast for dinner. Delicious and Fun! 

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Melissa LaRue Photography
CoffeeShop Designs